Our Lady of Grace Church, Established 1970
Nearly 300 households
During World War II, Father James F. Egan, pastor of St. Anthony, Litchfield, offered Mass for Bantam Catholics at the Community Center. Catholics of Bantam had already been raising money for their own church. In July 1949, ground was broken on Route 202 for Our Lady of Grace mission chapel. Father Egan celebrated the first mission Mass in the new frame edifice on December 18, 1949. In 1970, Our Lady of Grace was made a parish by Archbishop John J. Whealon. Father Stanley A. Kwasnik was designated first resident pastor and celebrated the first parish liturgy for families drawn from Bantam, New Preston and Morris on June 16.